Friday, January 20, 2012

My Memory Theatre

For my memory theater I decided to use the setting of a bar, and it goes like this (Can you guess who is who?):
As I roll up to the open doors at the local watering hole, my gaze turns towards a loopy and seemingly enchanted young girl staring up at the moon and dragging on a cigarette. The first sense of mine to become most enthralled was that of my hearing, when I heard a woman's voice over the speakers. As I sit upon the throne an patiently await the barmaid I encounter the most beautiful girl at the bar, who is getting hit on by half the guys there, and her friend dancing away with the other half of the guys. Then a most disturbing image began acting out behind me. A young woman had brought her homework to the bar, in this case: Homer's Iliad. Then I heard the jukebox play Nancy Sinatra's "These Boots are Made for Walkin'", and thought to myself, ah-a lover of the classics. Then her friends began to sing along with the lyrics of the song. Perhaps the second most shocking occurrence of the night was the incredibly drunk girl crying over her broken heart (and perhaps from alcohol poisoning). And finally as I wrap up my misadventures at the bar, I bumped into an old friend, with whom I shared a laugh at the expense of these hapless bar-goers... And the rest is history.

No comments:

Post a Comment